Kalimba, a Beneteau Oceanis 45, has three double cabins, sleeping six people. Two more can be accommodated on the let-down table in the saloon. The fore cabin is luxurious, full height, with plenty of cupboards and its own en suite bathroom. The aft cabins are identical with a shared heads.
Kalimba is fully equipped for blue water passages. A feature most important to charterers is that Kalimba has a fresh water maker meaning there’s no need for water rationing of showers and definitely no need to wash in the salt water. Kalimba also has a 240V generator, which means you are not restricted to 12V so your phones and cameras can be charged, hair dryers will work and you can use the microwave oven. Other features of Kalimba are listed below.
Master double cabin with ensuite heads, and 2 aft doubles sharing main saloon heads. Saloon table converts to another double berth.
Beneteau 45 SOLD
- Sails Condition – Both Main and Genoa are in serviceable condition. They are the original sails and the boat would benefit from having them replaced but this is not urgent and they will certainly last a few more seasons. The main has only ever had 2 reefs in it, it would be advisable to have a third reef installed.
- Interior – The interior is generally in good condition. The boat has only been on charter for 2.5 years and was under private ownership with only one owner and light use before that. The master cabin at the front is spacious with an island bed and an en-suite heads with Jabsco electric toilet and full stand up shower. The saloon has a U shaped sofa on the starboard side which surrounds the main table. On the port side there is 2 seats and a chart table that are on sliders to allow a change of layout. The cushions in the salon are a light creme and are starting to show signs of usage. The L shaped Galley is in good condition with dark grey work surfaces, and plenty of food preparation area. The front loading fridge is operational however the interior plastic has turned yellow rather than white – a cosmetic issue. The aft cabins are spacious with a wardrobe and side seat in each one. The starboard cabin has an adjoining door into the aft heads. The aft heads has another door leading into the saloon. The aft heads has a manual Jabsco toilet and full stand up shower.
- Deck and Cockpit – Teak deck in good condition for its age. Treated with SEMCO in October. Platform ram replaced 2018. There are no obvious gel repairs.
- Electrical – All in working order. The Alternator, split charge diode and domestic battery bank were all replaced in March 2020 due to a charging issue which is now resolved.
- Plumbing – All in working order. The Dessalator Duo 60 is in good condition. The one of the Membrane end caps was replaced in October 2019 to to a small leak from corrosion.
- Outboard and Dinghy – Tohatsu 5hp 2 Stroke engine, new in Nov 2018. Serviced to Tohatsu specs. The dinghy that came with the boat from the previous owner was a completely inflatable one with a soft bottom. This was not suitable for charter and was replaced with a second hand charter dinghy to be used temporarily. This is still on the boat but is not in good cosmetic condition, although it is holding air.
- Chart plotter, Navigation and Instrumentation – All in working order. The Chartplotter was replaced in December 2019 due to failure of the SD card reader in the original one. The Autopilot head unit was replaced in early 2019.
Engine – Yanmar 4JH5E. SD 50 gearbox. Shaft seals replaced Feb 2019. Early 2019 new start panel. New alternator March 2020. Last service : March 2020. Full set of engine spares on board
- Generator – The Generator is in good conditon. An overheating issue in late 2019 / early 2020 was traced to a defective raw water pump which has consequently been replaced. Last service : March 2020. Full set of generator spares on board
- Underwater – All in good condition. There is no play in the rudder. Flexofold 3 blade folding prop. Serviced October 2019.
Safety – All servicing is up to date for Lifejackets, Life raft and Fire Extinguishers. All safety equipment is in line with a MCA Cat 2 registered yacht.
- Length Overall: 13.99m
- Length Waterline: 12.98m
- Beam: 4.50m
- Draft: 2.26m
- Water Capacity: 370 litres
- Fuel Capacity: 200 litres
- Power: Diesel Yanmar Sail Driver 54hp/40.27kW
Please wait while flipbook is loading. For more related info, FAQs and issues please refer to DearFlip WordPress Flipbook Plugin Help documentation.